Notice of Privacy Practices
We at Lively understand that your hearing and health is personal, so we are committed to protecting your health information. We create a record of the hearing care and services you receive from us, including your health information that we have created or received regarding your hearing health or payment for your hearing care. We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices applies to all of the records of your care generated by us, whether made by your hearing specialist or others working remotely. This Notice will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose health information about you. We also describe your rights to the health information we keep about you, and describe certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of your health information.
As part of this commitment, we will:
- Make sure that health information that identifies you is kept private.
We may use and disclose health information about you:
- For treatment
- For payment
- For health care operations
- For appointment reminders
- For patient surveys for quality improvement
- To avert a serious threat to health and safety
- To report information about public health risks to public health authorities or law enforcement
- For health oversight activities
- For use in lawsuits and disputes, as permitted or required by law
- To law enforcement, national security, military, and protective intelligence services as permitted or required by law
- To security officials for inmates in a correctional facility, as permitted or required by law
- As required by applicable workers compensation laws
- As otherwise required by law.
If federal, state, and/or local law (which for all purposes under this Notice also means regulation and applicable court orders) requires a use or disclosure of your health information, we may use or disclose your health information to the extent that the use or disclosure complies with such law and is limited to the requirements of such law. If two or more laws or regulations governing the same use or disclosure conflict with each other, we will comply with the more restrictive laws or regulations.
Your rights regarding health information about you include:
- The right to inspect and copy records of your health information
- The right to request amendment of inaccurate factual information contained in your health records;
- The right to request an accounting of disclosures by Lively of your records;
- The right to request restrictions on our use or disclosure of health information
- The right to request confidential communications
- The right to receive a paper copy of this Notice
Changes to this Notice:
We reserve the right to change this Notice. We will post a copy of the current Notice in our facility and on our website with the current effective date on the first page.
Complaints or concerns:
If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint or concern with us. All complaints or concerns must be in writing. Please contact us at 800-854-2772 or send us a message by going to www.listenlively.com/contact-us. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.